hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: openjdk7 and hbase
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:28:32 GMT
Agreed. All evidence that this combo works fine is purely circumstantial at this point.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: openjdk7 and hbase

IIRC it was because no committer was running HBase (or Hadoop for that
matter) in production on anything other than the Sun/Oracle JDK. Maybe I'm
an old cynic but for me a successful unit test run does not equal safe for
production. What has to happen for me between a green build and production
is a lot of cluster/application testing qualification. If someone does this
with OpenJDK 7 and has no issues, that would be something. Maybe this is
something Bigtop or Nick's integration test automation idea could help with.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)