hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: openjdk7 and hbase
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2013 21:42:32 GMT
On my private machine I only have (Open)Jdk7, I have not observed any issues.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Alok Singh Mahor <alokmahor@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2013 11:38 AM
Subject: openjdk7 and hbase

Hi all,
should I strictly use only oracle's java 6 only?
will I really face problem if I am using openjdk7?
if then then what type of problem I will face?
is/are anyone using openjdk? or tried that ?

and why Hbase is built on top of sun's java ? I guess openjdk exist from
long back. should hbase not be on top of openjdk? if no what are problems
with openjdk?

what about can I use java 7 for current stable hbase ?

thanks and sorry for so many questions