hbase-user mailing list archives

From ranInc <ran....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remote hbase connection failure
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:59:24 GMT
zookeeper is up and running and the java client connects to it, it only fails
probably because of the region server - whatever it is.

all of the configuration uses ip's and not names, so I dont think changing
the hosts file will do much.
keep in mind that my configuration is all on one machine. the same machine
for hbase and hadoop.

also I think it has something to do with ipv6, though I did disable it - I
think of this because the error that says the region server goes down has
something to do with the server name that is somehow "0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1" -
which looks like ipv6.

I have no idea what is going on...