hbase-user mailing list archives

From ranInc <ran....@gmail.com>
Subject remote hbase connection failure
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:23:49 GMT
I am trying to connect to hbase that I installed on hadoop that I installed
on a ubuntu machine. when using hbase shell, I can create tables and get

I cannot remotely connect to to hbase (using java). This is what I get on
the client side:13/03/12 16:12:59 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session
0x13d5eef63760003 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket
connection and attempting reconnect
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)

On the hbase log I see that the session is expired, thus closing the
connection to my client, but looking back on the log, I see this error:
execption in region server:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Pathname
/hbase/.logs/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1,48170,1363095825458 from
hdfs://,48170,1363095825458 is
not a valid DFS filename.

After this error I see that it seems like the region server (what ever it
is) is aborted and goes down - this might be why I cannot successfully
connect to the hbase remotely.

Can someone help?