hbase-user mailing list archives

From Prakash Kadel <prakash.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: coprocessor enabled put very slow, help please~~~
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 01:26:49 GMT
thanks again,
  i did try making indexes with the MR. dont have exact evaluation data, but inserting indexes
directly with mapreduce does seem to be much much faster than making the indexes with the
coprocessors. guess i am missing the point about the coprosessors.
my reason for trying out the coprocessor was to make the insertion code cleaner and efficient
index creation.

Sincerely,
Prakash Kadel

On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:17 AM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:

> Index maintenance will always be slower. An interesting comparison would be to also update
your indexes from the M/R and see whether that performs better.

> ________________________________

this approach of creating some kind of index wrong?

> Sincerely,
> Prakash Kadel
>
> On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:07 AM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Presumably the coprocessor issues Puts to another region server in most cases, that
could explain it being (much) slower.

>> ________________________________

quick search of docs i want to have some indexes, so i tried to use the coprocessors, but
they are slowing down my inserts. Arent the coprocessors not supposed to increase the latency?

>>> my settings:
>>>      3 region servers
>>>     60 maps
>>> each map inserts to doc table.(checkAndPut)
>>> regionobserver coprocessor does a postCheckAndPut and inserts some rows to a
index table.

>>> Sincerely,
>>> Prakash