hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject HBase CheckSum vs Hadoop CheckSum
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:03:28 GMT

Quick question.

When we are activating the short circuit read in HBase, it's
recommanded to activate the HBase checksum instead of Hadoop ones.
This is done in the HBase configuration.

I'm wondering what is the impact on the DataNode Block Scanner.

Is it going to be stopped because checksums can't be used anymore? Or
will Hadoop continue to store its own checksum and use them but it's
just that HBase will not look at them anymore and will store and use
its own checksums?

Since it's an HBase configuration (hbase.regionserver.checksum.verify)
I'm expecting this to not have any impact on the Block Scanner, but
I'm looking for a confirmation.

View raw message