hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: attributes - basic question
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:24:09 GMT
The attributes are serialized along with the base operation request.
There's perhaps no immediate client-side usage of this, it is used by
the Mutation class to set a cluster ID in HBase's Replication context:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/trunk/hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/Mutation.java?view=markup

I suppose it could also be used to tag client requests, and used along
with Coprocessors that way for some behavior differences.

--
Harsh J