hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: status of bin/rename_table.rb
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:12:45 GMT
Hi Tian-Ying,

If the need is urgent, try out the solution from Shrijeet at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-643 (see my comment there
at around end). We tried it out earlier today for another purpose, and
it had a few hitches but nothing unfixable by "hbck -fix".

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Tianying Chang <tichang@ebaysf.com> wrote:
> Our customers need to use rename_table to solve an issue in our production cluster. Since
92 does not have it, we copied it from CDH3. However it does not work. I then found several
issues with it, and fixed them. We used it in our production cluster to rename some very big
tables. Even when the cluster was shutdown during the rename_table (test purpose), the script
will continue the rename and succeed if invoking the same rename command again after cluster
is back.

--
Harsh J