hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anty <anty....@gmail.com>
Subject Problem In Understanding Compaction Process
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 03:10:35 GMT
Hi: Guys

      I have some problem in understanding the compaction process, Can
someone shed some light on me, much appreciate. Here is the problem:

      Region Server after successfully generate the final compacted file,
it going through two steps:
       1. move the above compacted file into region's directory
       2. delete replaced files.

       the above two steps are not atomic, if Region Server crash after
step1, and  before step2, then there are duplication records!  Is this
problem handled  in reading process , or there is another mechanism to fix
this?

--
Best Regards
Anty Rao