hbase-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase without compactions?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 03:30:43 GMT
Hello,

It's kind of funny, we run SPM, which includes SPM for HBase (performance
monitoring service/tool for HBase essentially) and we currently store all
performance metrics in HBase.

I see a ton of HBase development activity, which is great, but it just
occurred to me that I don't think I recall seeing anything about getting
rid of compactions.  Yet, compactions are one thing that I know hurt us the
most and is one thing that MapR somehow got rid of in their implementation.

Have there been any discussions,attempts, or thoughts about finding a way
to avoid compactions?

Thanks,
Otis
--