hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase Read/Write throughput measure
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 12:31:47 GMT
Hello Dalia,

          I think the easiest way to measure the read/write throughput is
to use "PerformanceEvaluation" tool that comes with the Hbase
distribution. It spawns a map-reduce job to do the reads/writes in
parallel. Apart from this there are several other ways to benchmark your
Hbase cluster like YSCB <https://github.com/brianfrankcooper/YCSB>. You
might find this
link<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/PerformanceEvaluation> useful
that talks about Hbase performance.