hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bing Li <lbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is "synchronized" required?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 16:54:13 GMT
Dear all,

After "synchronized" is removed from the method of writing, I get the
following exceptions when reading. Before the removal, no such
exceptions.

Could you help me how to solve it?

Thanks so much!

Best wishes,
Bing

     [java] Feb 6, 2013 12:21:31 AM
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient$Connection run
     [java] WARNING: Unexpected exception receiving call responses
     [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.HbaseObjectWritable.readObject(HbaseObjectWritable.java:521)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.HbaseObjectWritable.readFields(HbaseObjectWritable.java:297)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient$Connection.receiveResponse(HBaseClient.java:593)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient$Connection.run(HBaseClient.java:505)
     [java] Feb 6, 2013 12:21:31 AM
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable close
     [java] WARNING: Ignore, probably already closed
     [java] java.io.IOException: Call to greatfreeweb/127.0.1.1:60020
failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: Unexpected exception
receiving call responses
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient.wrapException(HBaseClient.java:934)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient.call(HBaseClient.java:903)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(WritableRpcEngine.java:150)
     [java]     at $Proxy6.close(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.close(ScannerCallable.java:112)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.call(ScannerCallable.java:74)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.call(ScannerCallable.java:39)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:1325)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$ClientScanner.nextScanner(HTable.java:1167)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$ClientScanner.next(HTable.java:1296)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$ClientScanner$1.hasNext(HTable.java:1356)
     [java]     at
com.greatfree.hbase.rank.NodeRankRetriever.LoadNodeGroupNodeRankRowKeys(NodeRankRetriever.java:348)
     [java]     at
com.greatfree.ranking.PersistNodeGroupNodeRanksThread.run(PersistNodeGroupNodeRanksThread.java:29)
     [java]     at
     [java]     at
     [java]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
     [java] Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unexpected exception
receiving call responses
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient$Connection.run(HBaseClient.java:509)
     [java] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.HbaseObjectWritable.readObject(HbaseObjectWritable.java:521)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.HbaseObjectWritable.readFields(HbaseObjectWritable.java:297)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient$Connection.receiveResponse(HBaseClient.java:593)
     [java]     at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseClient$Connection.run(HBaseClient.java:505)

The code that causes the exceptions is as follows.

        public Set<String> LoadNodeGroupNodeRankRowKeys(String
hostNodeKey, String groupKey, int timingScale)
        {
                List<Filter> nodeGroupFilterList = new ArrayList<Filter>();

                SingleColumnValueFilter hostNodeKeyFilter = new
SingleColumnValueFilter(RankStructure.NODE_GROUP_NODE_RANK_FAMILY,
RankStructure.NODE_GROUP_NODE_RANK_HOST_NODE_KEY_COLUMN,
CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL, new SubstringComparator(hostNodeKey));
                hostNodeKeyFilter.setFilterIfMissing(true);
                nodeGroupFilterList.add(hostNodeKeyFilter);

                SingleColumnValueFilter groupKeyFilter = new
SingleColumnValueFilter(RankStructure.NODE_GROUP_NODE_RANK_FAMILY,
RankStructure.NODE_GROUP_NODE_RANK_GROUP_KEY_COLUMN,
CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL, new SubstringComparator(groupKey));
                groupKeyFilter.setFilterIfMissing(true);
                nodeGroupFilterList.add(groupKeyFilter);

                SingleColumnValueFilter timingScaleFilter = new
SingleColumnValueFilter(RankStructure.NODE_GROUP_NODE_RANK_FAMILY,
RankStructure.NODE_GROUP_NODE_RANK_TIMING_SCALE_COLUMN,
CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL, new
BinaryComparator(Bytes.toBytes(timingScale)));
                timingScaleFilter.setFilterIfMissing(true);
                nodeGroupFilterList.add(timingScaleFilter);

                FilterList nodeGroupFilter = new
FilterList(nodeGroupFilterList);
                Scan scan = new Scan();
                scan.setFilter(nodeGroupFilter);
                scan.setCaching(Parameters.CACHING_SIZE);
                scan.setBatch(Parameters.BATCHING_SIZE);

                Set<String> rowKeySet = Sets.newHashSet();
                try
                {
                        ResultScanner scanner = this.rankTable.getScanner(scan);
                        for (Result result : scanner)          //
<---- EXCEPTIONS are raised at this line.
                        {
                                for (KeyValue kv : result.raw())
                                {

rowKeySet.add(Bytes.toString(kv.getRow()));
                                        break;
                                }
                        }
                        scanner.close();