hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jan Althaus <altha...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase coprocessor callback for comet
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 20:18:53 GMT
Hi,

I would like to feed a servlet that is serving a long polling request with
notifications when certain rows in an hbase table change.

It seems that the best mechanism to achieve this would be to add a custom
RegionObserver. What I'm unsure about though is how to best issue the
callback. Does hbase provide an RPC mechanism that I could re-use or should
I consider this a separate problem entirely? Are there alternative ways to
get notified of row changes that better handle this problem?

Thanks!
Jan