hbase-user mailing list archives

From bjbhutkar <bhutkar.bhalchan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CCIndex
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 04:30:11 GMT
The thing I am interested in is in correspondence with cassandra. Cassandra
currently supports multidimensional range queries with a limitation that at
least one of the dimensions supplied in the query must be of equality
operation
example : "Select * from table where Weight > 65 AND Height < 6 AND Country
= India" . This is supported in cassandra.
But "Select * from table where Weight > 65 AND Height < 6" this query  is
not possible with current cassandra version. To mitigate this problem I
thought of implementing the CCIndex in cassandra as the paper claims to
provide such functionality.

I searched around and found the code for CCIndex on github . I was
wondering whether this code can be modified so that it uses Cassandra's
APIs. Furthermore , If anybody's having any suggestions for implementing
such functionality then please let me know . Is such functionality provided
in HBase or not ? If yes , then how the algorithm works for querying the
data where all the dimensions in a query are either "Less Than (<) "or "Greater
Than (>)" ?