hbase-user mailing list archives

From yonghu <yongyong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase table with a nested entity
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:06:54 GMT
Hello Dastgiri,

I don't think HBase can support original nested schema which you want
to define. But you can still store your data in HBase. I figured out
several possible solutions:

1. row_key: profileid + profilename + date, the column will be
monthwiseProfileCount:uk and so on. However, this approach will cause
data redundancy (profileid + profilename will repeatably appear), and
the data which belongs to the same user are separated into different
tuples.

2. row_key: profileid + profilename. the column will be
monthwiseProfileCount: date(e.g. 12/10/2010)/uk and so on. The benefit
of this approach is that all the data belongs to the same user group
together. However, as date is one part of column information. It will
cause to create many columns if the value range of date is wide.

regards!

Yong