hbase-user mailing list archives

From yonghu <yongyong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to close automatically log deletion in HBase?
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:09:53 GMT
Dear Ram,

Thanks for your response.

Yes Log means WAL logs. Now, I can define a postWALWrite trigger to
write the WAL entries into the specific file as I want, however, it's
too slow.  The problem is that hbase automatically delete log entries.
However, I found some properties such as hbase.master.logcleaner.ttl
which I can use to indicate how long logs can exist. I think it can
control the life cycle of the logs. If you know other opions, please
let me know.

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM, ramkrishna vasudevan
<ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Logs of hbase you mean the normal logging or the WAL logs.  Sorry am not
> getting your question here.
> WAL trigger is for the WAL logs.
> Regards
> Ram
> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM, yonghu <yongyong313@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> For some reasons, I need to analyze the log of hbase. However, the log
>> will be automatically deleted by GC of JVM (if I understand right). I
>> wonder if there is a way to close automatically log deletion in HBase.
>> By the way, I can collect Log by WAL trigger, but it's really slow.
>> regards!
>> Yong

View raw message