hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase coprocessor callback for comet
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 12:39:47 GMT
I'd say add some sort of durable queue to receive the alert if you don't want to miss a message.

Essentially use a region server observer and write the alert to your favorite pub/sub solution.

The key then is starting the pub/sub queue, first so that your region server can connect to
it.

If you want to get fancy, there's a bit of overkill that you could do...  like figure out
a way to write the output to HDFS if that made sense.

Just some thoughts before I'm really awake...

-Mike