hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michel Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: restrict clients
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:58:31 GMT
Not a simple answer.

You have to treat security like an onion.

You can restrict access to the cluster by limiting access to the cluster's subnet.
That's just the start.
You can then use IPTables to filter packets from hosts you don't want to have access.

Define what you want to accomplish and work from the network up.

Mike Segel