hbase-user mailing list archives

From Prakash Kadel <prakash.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: coprocessor enabled put very slow, help please~~~
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 01:13:55 GMT
thank you lars,
That is my guess too. I am confused, isnt that something that cannot be controlled. Is this
approach of creating some kind of index wrong?

Sincerely,
Prakash Kadel

On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:07 AM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:

> Presumably the coprocessor issues Puts to another region server in most cases, that could
explain it being (much) slower.

quick search of docs i want to have some indexes, so i tried to use the coprocessors, but
they are slowing down my inserts. Arent the coprocessors not supposed to increase the latency?