hbase-user mailing list archives

From Marco Gallotta <ma...@gallotta.co.za>
Subject Re: Open Files Limits
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 20:27:16 GMT
On Friday 08 February 2013 at 7:23 AM, Marcos Ortiz wrote:
> On 02/08/2013 03:16 PM, Marco Gallotta wrote:
> > Hey guys I'm running hbase on Ubuntu, and I'm experiencing problems with "too many
open files". I've got the following in limits.conf: * - nofile 50000 * - nproc 50000I think
that the correct configuration is for hdfs, mapred and hbase users:

> # user type        resource     value
>
> hdfs -                  nofile          32768
> mapred -            nofile          32768
> hbase -               nofile          32768

* is just a catch-all for all users, which I'm using to just get this working first. :P

--
Marco Gallotta | Mountain View, California
Software Engineer, Infrastructure | Loki Studios