hbase-user mailing list archives

From Prakash Kadel <prakash.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: coprocessor enabled put very slow, help please~~~
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 01:32:16 GMT
one more question.

even if the coprocessors are making insertions to different region, since i use  "postCheckAndPut"
shouldnt there be not much prefomance slow down?

thanks

Sincerely,
Prakash Kadel

On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:17 AM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:

> Index maintenance will always be slower. An interesting comparison would be to also update
your indexes from the M/R and see whether that performs better.

> ________________________________

this approach of creating some kind of index wrong?

> Sincerely,
> Prakash Kadel
>
> On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:07 AM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Presumably the coprocessor issues Puts to another region server in most cases, that
could explain it being (much) slower.

>> ________________________________

quick search of docs i want to have some indexes, so i tried to use the coprocessors, but
they are slowing down my inserts. Arent the coprocessors not supposed to increase the latency?

>>> my settings:
>>>      3 region servers
>>>     60 maps
>>> each map inserts to doc table.(checkAndPut)
>>> regionobserver coprocessor does a postCheckAndPut and inserts some rows to a
index table.

>>> Sincerely,
>>> Prakash