hbase-user mailing list archives

From James Taylor <jtay...@salesforce.com>
Subject jarFilePath for HTableDescriptor.addCoprocessor() with 0.94.2 vs 0.94.4
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 00:07:15 GMT
In 0.94.2, if the coprocessor class was on the HBase classpath, then the
jarFilePath argument to HTableDescriptor.addCoprocessor seemed to
essentially be ignored - it didn't matter if the jar could be found or
not. In 0.94.4 we're getting an error if this is the case. Is there a
way to continue to get the old behavior? We've got HTables that were
created under 0.94.2 in which scans will stop working if we upgrade to
0.94.4 because our coprocessors will no longer be found.

Thanks,

     James