hbase-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Open Files Limits
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:23:56 GMT

On 02/08/2013 03:16 PM, Marco Gallotta wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> I'm running hbase on Ubuntu, and I'm experiencing problems with "too many open files".
I've got the following in limits.conf:

> *                -    nofile          50000
> *                -    nproc           50000
I think that the correct configuration is for hdfs, mapred and hbase users:

# user type        resource     value

hdfs -                  nofile          32768
mapred -            nofile          32768
hbase -               nofile          32768

> And added "session required pam_limits.so" to /etc/pam.d/common-session . Hbase master
is getting the correct limit of 50k, but the regionserver (which is dying) and zookeeper are
getting the default 1024 limit.

> Is there anything in the pipeline where the RS/ZK set the limit? I can't find anything
written in this or in the config.

--
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda,
Product Manager && Data Scientist at UCI