hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase and Data Integrity
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 04:13:53 GMT
Also check out this blog post for a detailed explanation of ACID in HBase: http://hadoop-hbase.blogspot.com/2012/03/acid-in-hbase.html

 From: tsuna <tsunanet@gmail.com>
To: Steve Berg <sb.hkn9@googlemail.com>
Cc: HBase users <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: HBase and Data Integrity
bcc: asynchbase@

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Steve Berg <sb.hkn9@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have some questions for HBase DB:

Hi Steve,
I'm moving this thread to the HBase user mailing list.

> How to ensure data integrity?

Data stored by HBase in HDFS has 3 replicas of the data and checksums.

> Are there methods ensure the integrity?

It's all built-in, I'm not sure what you meant by "methods" here.

> Does HBase primary key? or alternatives

HBase has only one primary key per table.
You may wanna look at the HBase Book, Chapter 5. "Data Model":

> Foreign key?

> Referential Integrity?

> How are the ACID properties to be implemented?

Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure