hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jarFilePath for HTableDescriptor.addCoprocessor() with 0.94.2 vs 0.94.4
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 02:33:29 GMT
This is due to HBASE-7205 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7205)
The new behavior is correct, but it does represent a slight change in behavior.

The difference is that previously we tried to load the class first, if it was in the system
classpath we'll find it there. Now we only load from the system classpath when no jar file
was specified (again, this is the correct but different behavior).

-- Lars

________________________________
From: James Taylor <jtaylor@salesforce.com>
To: HBase User <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 4:07 PM
Subject: jarFilePath for HTableDescriptor.addCoprocessor() with 0.94.2 vs 0.94.4

In 0.94.2, if the coprocessor class was on the HBase classpath, then the jarFilePath argument
to HTableDescriptor.addCoprocessor seemed to essentially be ignored - it didn't matter if
the jar could be found or not. In 0.94.4 we're getting an error if this is the case. Is there
a way to continue to get the old behavior? We've got HTables that were created under 0.94.2
in which scans will stop working if we upgrade to 0.94.4 because our coprocessors will no
longer be found.

Thanks,

    James