hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Parallel scan in HBase
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 15:46:15 GMT
The scan contract in HBase is that all rows are returned in order, so all regions have to be
traversed in order as well.
It would be nice to add some facility to HBase to performs the scanning in parallel.

 From: Farrokh Shahriari <mohandes.zebeleh.67@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2013 5:52 AM
Subject: Parallel scan in HBase
Hi there
I have two question about scan in Hbase :
1) Does scan operation with specific filter run in parallel on different
regionservers ?
2) I wanna know whether this code runs at client side for searching the
retrieved results or not ?

         for (Result result : scanner1) {
                         for (KeyValue kv : result.raw()) {
                         // some coeds