hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Never ending major compaction?
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 02:14:09 GMT
Yes, I'm running on 0.94.3. The last major compaction ran yesterday.
It's almost daily. That's why I was surprise it took so long. I mean,
I'm only compacting regions who moved. So it should be pretty quick.
But was not the case. It took about 6h to complete. Strange. Maybe
something went wrong when I stopped/started hbase.

also, there was almost no activity on the network nor on the CPUs. I
will have to add disks monitoring on Ganglia to see if I was limited
by IOs...

I looked at the regions logs and everything was fine. It was showing
some compaction information every few seconds.

JM