hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vibhav Mundra <mun...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase scans taking a lot of time
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:10:23 GMT
I am facing a very strange problem with HBase.

This what I did:
a) Create a table, using pre partioned splits.
b) Also the column familes are zipped with lzo compression.
c) Using the above configuration I am able to populate 2 million row per
min in the Hbase.
d) I have created a table with 300 million odd rows, which roughy took me 3
hours to populate and the data size is of 25GB.

e) But when I query for data the performance I am getting is very bad.
   Basically this is what I am seeing: High CPU, no disk I/O and network
I/O is happening at the rate of 6~7MB secs.

Because of this, if I scan the entries of the table using Hive it is taking
ages.
Basically it is taking around 24 hours to scan the table. Any idea, of how
to debug.

-Vibhav