hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bing Jiang <jiangbinglo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tune MapReduce over HBase to insert data
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 01:33:02 GMT
Hi, mohandes.zebeleh
you can adjust parameter as below( Major Compaction, Minor Compaction,
Split):
if you do not set, it will retain default value(1).

<property>
  <name>hbase.regionserver.thread.compaction.large</name>
  <value>5</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>hbase.regionserver.thread.compaction.small</name>
  <value>10</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>hbase.regionserver.thread.split</name>
  <value>5</value>
</property>

Regards!

Bing

2013/1/14 Farrokh Shahriari <mohandes.zebeleh.67@gmail.com>

> Bing Jiang, What do you mean by add compaction thread number ? Because, in
> Hbase-site.xml we have compactionqueuesize or compactionthreshold but not
> the parameter that you have said.
>
> Thanks you if you guide me.
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Both HFileOutputFormat and LoadIncrementalHFiles are in mapreduce
> package.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Bing Jiang <jiangbinglover@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > hi,anoop.
> > > Why not hbase mapreduce package contains the tools like this?
> > >
> > > Anoop John <anoop.hbase@gmail.com>编写:

> > again.

> > using
> > pathTo8GBFile