hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ameya Kantikar <am...@groupon.com>
Subject Hbase Takes Long time to Restart - Whats the correct way to restart Hbase cluster?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 00:33:54 GMT
I restarted Hbase master, and its taking long time (at least 30 minutes) to
come back.

In master-status page I am seeing over 400 regions in transition.

In the hbase master log I am seeing following:

DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.SplitLogManager: total tasks = 1
unassigned = 1

(This is down from over 50 to 1 as in the log).

My setup is as follows:

I am running cdh4, hbase 0.92.1.

My question is, what is the right way to restart hbase-master machine? All
this time master is restarting, my cluster is unavailable.
>From hbase shell if I hit any table its giving error such as:

INFO ipc.HBaseRPC: Server at hbase1/XX.XX.XX.XX:60020 could not be reached
after 1 tries, giving up

Any ideas?

Ameya