hbase-user mailing list archives

From David Koch <ogd...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Controlling TableMapReduceUtil table split points
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 16:37:31 GMT
Hi Ted,

Thank you for your response. I will take a look.

With regards to the timeouts: I think changing the key design as outlined
above would ameliorate the situation since each map call only requests a
small amount of data as opposed to what could be a large chunk. I remember
that simply doing a get on one of the large outlier rows (~500mb) brought
down the region server involved.