hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven junit test of a coprocessor
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:24:25 GMT
If you're writing a junit test that spins up a mini cluster to test the
coprocessor, then there's no need to deploy the jar into HDFS just for
testing.  The coprocessor class should already be on your test classpath.
 In your test's setup method, you just need to either: a) add the
coprocessor class name to the configuration (as
hbase.coprocessor.region.classes) or b) to the HTableDescriptor before you
create the table.

Take a look at the following HBase test classes as an example:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.TestRegionObserverInterface
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.TestCoprocessorEndpoint