hbase-user mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Filter and SEEK_NEXT_USING_HINT issue
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 08:56:56 GMT
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Eugeny Morozov

> I do not
> understand why with FuzzyFilter it goes from one region to another until it
> stops at the value. I suppose if scanning process has started at once on
> all regions

Scanning process does not start parallely on all regions.  Once a start row
is specified with the scan, the corresponding region server is picked up
and on that region server,
the scan starts from that region which holds the start row and the scan
proceeds till it finds the stop row. The stop row can be any of the regions
in the same region server, in the exact increasing byte order.