hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chalcy Raja <Chalcy.R...@careerbuilder.com>
Subject RE: Just joined the user group and have a question
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:42:55 GMT
Thanks! Doug.  I am not absolutely new to hbase.  Like in Kevin's email, because of mapred
job (hive) contention, hbase regionservers die and whole hbase go down.

I understand that we have to somehow logically or physically separate the clusters.

--Chalcy

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Meil [mailto:doug.meil@explorysmedical.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:35 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Just joined the user group and have a question

Hi there-

If you're absolutely new to Hbase, you might want to check out the Hbase refGuide in the architecture,
performance, and troubleshooting chapters first.

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html

In terms of determining why your region servers "just die", I think you need to read the background
information then provide more information on your cluster and what you're trying to do because
although there are a lot of people on this dist-list that want to help, you're not giving
folks a whole lot to go on.