hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chalcy Raja <Chalcy.R...@careerbuilder.com>
Subject Just joined the user group and have a question
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:24:02 GMT
Hi HBASE Gurus,

I am Chalcy Raja and I joined the hbase group yesterday.  I am already a member of hive and
sqoop user groups.  Looking forward to learn and share information about hbase here!

Have a question:  We have a cluster where we run hive jobs and also hbase.  There are stability
issues like region servers just die.  We are looking into fine tuning.  When I read about
performance and also heard from another user is separate mapreduce from hbase.  How do I do
that?  If I understand that as running tasktrackers on some and hbase region servers on some,
then we will run into data locality issues and I believe it will perform poorly.

Definitely I am not the only one running into this issue.  Any thoughts on how to resolve
this issue?