hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hbase heap size
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 21:40:09 GMT
That is true.
Mind telling us more about your setup?I think that would be interesting knowledge.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Adrien Mogenet <adrien.mogenet@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: Hbase heap size

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 3:24 AM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:

> - The largest useful region size is 20G (at least that is the current
> common tribal knowledge).

I'm using much larger region size (~200 GB) and it's not a real problem if
you're controlling compactions ; am I right ? It allows a strong reduction
of number of regions, and thus less memstores, smoother flushes, etc. Of
course, as usual it might depends on your workload but can perfectly fit
some needs IHMO.

--
Adrien Mogenet
06.59.16.64.22