hbase-user mailing list archives

From bigdata <bigdatab...@outlook.com>
Subject How to design a data warehouse in HBase?
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 05:57:06 GMT
Dear all,
We have a traditional star-model data warehouse in RDBMS, now we want to transfer it to HBase.
After study HBase, I learn that HBase is normally can be query by rowkey.
1.full rowkey (fastest)2.rowkey filter (fast)3.column family/qualifier filter (slow)
How can I design the HBase tables to implement the warehouse functions, like:1.Query by DimensionA2.Query
by DimensionA and DimensionB3.Sum, count, distinct ...
From my opinion, I should create several HBase tables with all combinations of different dimensions
as the rowkey. This solution will lead to huge data duplication. Is there any good suggestions
to solve it?
Thanks a lot!