hbase-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: loss znode
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 16:33:05 GMT
Hum.

If you see this line "Could not start ZK at requested" that mean HBase
is still trying to launch ZK. So he might not have seen
HBASE_MANAGES_ZK. Can you update it on the hbase-env file?

# Tell HBase whether it should manage it's own instance of Zookeeper or not.
export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false

Also, for the Quorum property, can you try with a fully qualified name
or localhost instead of the IP? Default value is localhost, so you can
also maybe just remove it.

JM

    <property>
      <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
      <value>rs1.example.com,rs2.example.com,rs3.example.com,rs4.example.com,rs5.example.com</value>
      <description>Comma separated list of servers in the ZooKeeper Quorum.
      For example, "host1.mydomain.com,host2.mydomain.com,host3.mydomain.com".
      By default this is set to localhost for local and pseudo-distributed modes
      of operation. For a fully-distributed setup, this should be set to a full
      list of ZooKeeper quorum servers. If HBASE_MANAGES_ZK is set in
hbase-env.sh
      this is the list of servers which we will start/stop ZooKeeper on.
      </description>
    </property>


2012/12/13, Zbierski Christophe <Christophe.Zbierski@atos.net>:
> Hi JM, I downloaded and added new ZK, and  I started this server befor
> hbase.
>
> So , I used an external ZK server (listen on 3181)
>
> tof@W30596-lnx /opt/zookeeper-3.4.5/bin]# cat ../conf/zoo.cfg
> tickTime=2000
> initLimit=10
> syncLimit=5
> dataDir=/DATA/zookeeper
> clientPort=3181
>
> And I used hbase in standalone mode
> export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false
>
> and
>   <property>
>      <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
>      <value>3181</value>
>   </property>
>   <property>
>   <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
>   <value>127.0.0.1</value>
>   </property>
>
>
> In this configuration, this is hbase logs :
>
>  2012-12-13 17:06:58,593 INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: binding to port
> 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:3181
> 2012-12-13 17:06:58,593 DEBUG
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MiniZooKeeperCluster: Failed binding ZK
> Server to client port: 3181
> 2012-12-13 17:06:58,594 INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: binding to port
> 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:3182
> 2012-12-13 17:06:58,613 INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog: Snapshotting: 0x0 to
> /tmp/hbase-tof/zookeeper/zookeeper_0/version-2/snapshot.0
> 2012-12-13 17:06:58,822 INFO
> org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: Accepted socket connection
> from /127.0.0.1:36652
> 2012-12-13 17:06:58,833 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
> Processing stat command from /127.0.0.1:36652
> 2012-12-13 17:06:58,844 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn: Stat
> command output
> 2012-12-13 17:06:58,847 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MiniZooKeeperCluster: Started MiniZK
> Cluster and connect 1 ZK server on client port: 3182
> 2012-12-13 17:06:58,848 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine: Failed to start master
> java.io.IOException: Could not start ZK at requested port of 3181.  ZK was
> started at port: 3182.  Aborting as clients (e.g. shell) will not be able to
> find this ZK quorum.
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.startMaster(HMasterCommandLine.java:134)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.run(HMasterCommandLine.java:103)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:76)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1820)
> 2012-12-13 17:06:58,850 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
> Closed socket connection for client /127.0.0.1:36652 (no session established
> for client)
>
>
> I will try a pseudo distributed hbase.
>
> Regards
> Christophe Z.
>
> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Jean-Marc Spaggiari [mailto:jean-marc@spaggiari.org]
> Envoyé : jeudi 13 décembre 2012 14:15
> À : user@hbase.apache.org
> Objet : Re: loss znode
>
>
> By "I added a new ZK server", do you mean you have downloaded and installed
> ZK locally, started it, and pointed HBase to it? Or you have only configured
> it on your hbase-site.xml?
>
> If you have installed a new instance, do you have anything on the new ZK
> logs?
>
> Also, you should try with the server name on the quorum property instead of
> the IP.
>
> JM
>
> 2012/12/13, Zbierski Christophe <Christophe.Zbierski@atos.net>:
>> I added a new ZK server (listening on port 3128), And I changed
>> HBase-site.xml :
>>
>>   <property>
>>      <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
>>      <value>3181</value>
>>   </property>
>>   <property>
>>   <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
>>   <value>127.0.0.1</value>
>>   </property>
>>
>> And, when I launch 'start-hbase.sh'
>> /opt/hbase-0.94.3/bin]# start-hbase.sh starting master, logging to
>> /opt/hbase-0.94.3/bin/../logs/hbase-tof-master-W30596-lnx.out
>> Could not start ZK at requested port of 3181.  ZK was started at port:
>> 3182.
>>  Aborting as clients (e.g. shell) will not be able to find this ZK
>> quorum.
>>
>> Log file :
>> 2012-12-13 13:58:35,053 INFO
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: binding to port
>> 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:3181
>> 2012-12-13 13:58:35,054 DEBUG
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.MiniZooKeeperCluster: Failed binding
>> ZK Server to client port: 3181
>> 2012-12-13 13:58:35,054 INFO
>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: binding to port
>> 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:3182
>>
>> I think the server wants to start ZK on the same port.
>>
>>
>> -----Message d'origine-----
>> De : Jean-Marc Spaggiari [mailto:jean-marc@spaggiari.org] Envoyé :
>> jeudi 13 décembre 2012 13:58 À : user@hbase.apache.org Objet : Re:
>> loss znode
>>
>>
>> Hi Christophe,
>>
>> What do you mean by " I can not do it "?
>>
>> Is it giving you an error? You don't know the steps? You don't have
>> the rights?
>>
>> --
>> JM
>>
>> 2012/12/13, Zbierski Christophe <Christophe.Zbierski@atos.net>:
>>> Yes, I tried, but I can not do it ... :(
>>>
>>> -----Message d'origine-----
>>> De : Nicolas Liochon [mailto:nkeywal@gmail.com] Envoyé : jeudi 13
>>> décembre 2012 13:07 À : user@hbase.apache.org Objet : Re: loss znode
>>>
>>> After looking at the code, it's seems that it's done by the mini zk
>>> cluster: the directory is deleted at startup.
>>> This is because the default mode (non distributed, all threads in a
>>> single
>>> process) uses a specific piece of code (this mini* stuff). As it's
>>> for tests, it ensures that there is no remains from previous start/stop.
>>>
>>> You can use a separated ZK instance if you want to keep the data
>>> between the runs.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Zbierski Christophe <
>>> Christophe.Zbierski@atos.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello, I have a problem with zookeeper.
>>>> I have a standalone HBase server, and I create a none  ephemeral
>>>> znode (to manage my configuration).
>>>> When I started up again HBase, this znode no longer exists, and
>>>> hbase working properly (event after the restart).
>>>>
>>>> My hbase version is 0.94.3
>>>>
>>>> hbase-site.xml :
>>>> ...
>>>>   <property>
>>>>           <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
>>>>           <value>/DATA/zookeeper</value>
>>>>   </property>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Christophe Z.
>>>>
>>>> ________________________________
>>>>
>>>> Ce message et les pi?ces jointes sont confidentiels et r?serv?s ?
>>>> l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut ?galement ?tre prot?g?
>>>> par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur,
>>>> merci d'en avertir imm?diatement l'exp?diteur et de le d?truire.
>>>> L'int?grit? du message ne pouvant ?tre assur?e sur Internet, la
>>>> responsabilit? d'Atos ne pourra ?tre recherch?e quant au contenu de
>>>> ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour
>>>> maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'exp?diteur ne
>>>> donne aucune garantie ? cet ?gard et sa responsabilit? ne saurait
>>>> ?tre recherch?e pour tout dommage r?sultant d'un virus transmis.
>>>>
>>>> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended
>>>> solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive
>>>> this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
>>>> destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the
>>>> Atos liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although
>>>> the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the
>>>> sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and
>>>> will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus
>>>> transmitted.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à
>>> l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé
>>> par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur,
>>> merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire.
>>> L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la
>>> responsabilité d'Atos ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de
>>> ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour
>>> maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne
>>> donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait
>>> être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.
>>>
>>> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended
>>> solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive
>>> this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
>>> destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the
>>> Atos liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although
>>> the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the
>>> sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will
>>> not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
>>>
>>
>>
>> Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à
>> l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé
>> par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur,
>> merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire.
>> L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la
>> responsabilité d'Atos ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce
>> message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir
>> cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune
>> garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour
>> tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.
>>
>> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended
>> solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive
>> this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy
>> it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos
>> liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the
>> sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the
>> sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will
>> not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
>>
>
>
> Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage
> exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret
> professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir
> immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne
> pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité d'Atos ne pourra être
> recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts
> soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus,
> l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne
> saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.
>
> This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely
> for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in
> error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity
> cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos liability cannot be triggered
> for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a
> computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this
> transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting
> from any virus transmitted.
>

Mime
View raw message