hbase-user mailing list archives

From Norbert Burger <norbert.bur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: regions not balanced, CDH4.1.2
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 19:32:33 GMT
On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you give us a little more detail on how much deviation the region
> counts on region servers have ?
>
> There is a parameter, hbase.regions.slop, with default value of 0.2
> This parameter allows region count to deviate by certain percentage from
> average region count.
>
> You can tighten the value for this parameter and see if you get better
> results.

Thanks for the response.  I think this isn't an issue with region slop
-- I had a table with only ~15 regions, and half of them ended up on
one region server.  I've since manually rebalanced that table, but
here's an example from different table [1].

Norbert

[1]
Regions by Region Server
Region Server	Region Count