hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop John <anoop.hb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reg:delete performance on HBase table
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 14:17:21 GMT
Hi Manoj
                Can u tell more abt your use case..  You know the rowkey
range which needs to be deleted?  (all the rowkeys) Or is it like based on
some condition you want to delete a set of rows?  Which version of HBase
you are using?

HBASE-6284 provided some performance improvement in case of delete ( batch
of rows deleted)
Also I have provided one sample implementation of Endpoint for the bulk
deletion ( which might be useful for the 2nd use case I mentioned above) in
JIRA HBASE-6942

-Anoop-

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org