hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bob Futrelle <bob.futre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase 0.94 security configurations
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 04:47:02 GMT
Thanks for your quick reply.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Jimmy Xiang <jxiang@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Have you tried IPv4?

I can disable IPv6 in Mountain Lion, but all my "communication" is
*within*my own machine, so I don't understand why I'd be messing with
IP, since
nothing I'm doing is going through my ethernet or WiFi.  But that may be
the HBase view of communication, even when entirely within a machine(?)
 It's late - will try in the morning.

As for the cloudera page, it seems like a huge amount of information that
goes way beyond the trivial setup that I'm trying to arrange for.  Maybe
what I need is buried in the page somewhere  (emphasis on "buried").

As they say:  "My code is so simple, what could possibly go wrong?"  ;-)

 - Bob