hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bob Futrelle <bob.futre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase 0.94 security configurations
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 05:45:41 GMT
There sure is a major misunderstanding here.
I approach all unfamiliar systems with a great deal of humility.
How you managed to detect something other than that in the things I said, I
don't know.
I am rather high-spirited so sometimes in the rush of things I say things
that make it appear that I'm something I'm not.

I was not "arguing" about what my son and I thought.
I was simply *reporting* a conversation I had with him.
He's a true expert in many areas with excellent skills.
He is also familiar with my working style,
so he adjusts his advice accordingly.

Nick has been extremely helpful and I've been careful to thank
him and all of you as your advice arrived.  I do that because I am in fact
grateful when people take the time to help a neophyte like me
who is trying to work through the thickets of complexity in
large modern systems such as HBase.

I haven't had time to thoroughly digest all the helpful advice I've been
given.
I'll print out the entire stream tomorrow and study it on my own and
experiment on my own for a while.

I'll also do some designing and prototype them via the Shell.
I've had no problems with the Shell so far.

With luck, you won't hear from me for a while and when you do
I hope it will be a brief note that things are working for me.

 - Bob