hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bob Futrelle <bob.futre...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase 0.94 security configurations
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 04:15:57 GMT
I have the same problem that Amit Sela had - an endlessly repeating message
in my Eclipse console:

java.net.ConnectException
: Connection refused

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:599)

at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(
ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:286)

at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1035)

12/12/17 20:54:51 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to
server /fe80:0:0:0:0:0:0:1%1:2181

12/12/17 20:54:51 WARN zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: Possibly transient
ZooKeeper exception:
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase/master

12/12/17 20:54:51 INFO util.RetryCounter: Sleeping 2000ms before retry #1...

12/12/17 20:54:56 WARN client.ZooKeeperSaslClient: SecurityException:
java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration
occurred when trying to find JAAS configuration.

12/12/17 20:54:56 INFO client.ZooKeeperSaslClient: Client will not
SASL-authenticate because the default JAAS configuration section 'Client'
could not be found. If you are not using SASL, you may ignore this. On the
other hand, if you expected SASL to work, please fix your JAAS
configuration.

12/12/17 20:54:56 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server null,
unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect

I'm about as much of a newbie as you can imagine.

I found a small piece of code that creates a table.
It threw endless exceptions.  I fixed each by finding the correct jars (7
in all)
and occasionally changing a bit of the code, e.g., using, not a
constructor, but

HBaseConfiguration.create();

I'm using hbase-0.94.3 and Eclipse 4.2.1 (Juno).
No apache/hbase plugins, just straight Eclipse/Java.

The only setting I've touched is hbase-site.xml
in which I put the path to the directory that I want my DBs in.
It worked from HBase Shell.
But of course I want it to work from Java.

I suspect that the right info in the hbase-policy.xml would fix all this.
But my understanding of HBase so far is too skimpy to know what to put
there.

My goal is to do all this work entirely within my own machine (MacBook Pro).
Single user, nothing remote, no clients/cluster.

For total disclosure, here's the entire source - my little HBase Hello World
:

package us.tsos.nlpng.hbase.test1;

import java.io.IOException;

import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HColumnDescriptor;

import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HTableDescriptor;

import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin;

import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration;

public class JustCreateTable {

 org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration conf = HBaseConfiguration.create();

conf.set("hbase.master","localhost:60000");

 HBaseAdmin hbase = new HBaseAdmin(conf);

HTableDescriptor desc = new HTableDescriptor("TEST");

HColumnDescriptor meta = new HColumnDescriptor("personal".getBytes());

HColumnDescriptor prefix = new HColumnDescriptor("account".getBytes());

desc.addFamily(meta);

desc.addFamily(prefix);

hbase.createTable(desc);

}

}

 -- Bob Futrelle

    retired CS prof.

    working hard on an NLP system

    HBase will really fit the ticket

"You never *learn* anything, you just get used to it."