hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bob Futrelle <bob.futre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase 0.94 security configurations
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 04:58:50 GMT
I really don't understand what you are saying.
>From the beginning I stated that I was very much a beginner.
I valued all the advice I got.
I felt humble in the presence of you true experts.
So to interpret my actions as lacking humility is confusing.

What in the world did I do "wrong" that I could have done "right",
given my weak understanding of HBase?

I'm sorry if somehow I've made this "unsatisfactory" for everyone.
Are you suggesting that Nick and the others  had an unsatisfactory
experience?
I didn't sense that in any of his helpful answers.

Again, I do apologize for my actions and responses.
Though in all honesty I don't understand what of what I said
was "lacking humility".  After 50+ years of computing experience
I fully respect the complexities of computing and would never
and have never pretended that somehow I know a lot about
things I actually don't know much about.

My friends will tell you that I don't have an arrogant bone in my body.

I am certainly not abandoning my pursuit of HBase,
though I will look into Cassandra.

Looks like I'll really have to work on HBase entirely on my own, since
you seem to be suggesting that I'm a persona non grata on this
user list.

As I said, I will persist. I have work to do and I was seeking the best
tools
to help me in my work, which is not databases, but natural language
understanding.

 - Bob Futrelle