hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ishan Chhabra <ichha...@rocketfuel.com>
Subject Multiple regionservers on a single node
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 21:39:44 GMT
Hi,
Has anybody tried to run multiple RegionServers on a single physical
node? Are there deep technical issues or minor impediments that would
hinder this?

We are trying to do this because we are facing a lot of GC pauses on the
large heap sizes (~70G) that we are using, which leads to a lot of timeouts
in our latency critical application. More processes with smaller heaps
would help in mitigating this issue.

Any experience or thoughts on this would help.
Thanks!

--
*Ishan Chhabra *| Rocket Scientist | Rocketfuel Inc. | *m *650 556 6803