hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roll of hbase.tmp.dir in HBase
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 23:37:49 GMT
This directory is used by the RegionServers durring compactions to store
intermediate data. See:

$ git grep 'hbase.tmp.dir'
 private final static String CONF_TMP_DIR = "hbase.tmp.dir";
   final Path logdir = new Path(c.get("hbase.tmp.dir"));

Both of these uses indicate that it is a single path. I imagine you'd get
exceptions if you attempted to feed it a comma-delimited list of paths.