hbase-user mailing list archives

From Robert Dyer <psyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Wrong input split locations after enabling reverse DNS
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2012 09:16:19 GMT
I recently enabled reverse DNS on my test cluster.  Now when I run a MR
job, the HBase input split locations are all adding a period to the end.
 For example:

/default-rack/foo-1.
/default-rack/foo-2.

Yet the machine locations are still correct:

/default-rack/foo-1
/default-rack/foo-2

Since those strings don't match, it isn't assigning the tasks locally.  It
actually thinks 100% of the map tasks are rack-local and 0% data-local
(although in reality, some still wind up being data-local due to sheer
luck).

What is the issue here?  Note that I don't have this problem with the MR
tasks using SequenceFile as input, only with HBase's TableMapper.