hbase-user mailing list archives

From yun peng <pengyunm...@gmail.com>
Subject Does HBase combine multiple Puts against the same region server?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 18:34:53 GMT
Hi, I have question on how the multiple Puts() are executed when they are
issued against the same region server.

For example, in the case of asynchronous executing Put() using
setAutoFlush(true), there will be multiple Puts() in the writeBuffer. Or
use HTbale API put(List puts) which directly issues multiple Puts. In
either case, let's say, would two Puts in the list, which are issued
against the same HRegionServer, be combined in a single RPC before sending
to that RegionServer? I appreciate it if I can get pointer to the code in
HBase. Thanks...

Regards,
Yun