hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: regions not balanced, CDH4.1.2
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 19:10:04 GMT
Can you give us a little more detail on how much deviation the region
counts on region servers have ?

There is a parameter, hbase.regions.slop, with default value of 0.2
This parameter allows region count to deviate by certain percentage from
average region count.

You can tighten the value for this parameter and see if you get better
results.

I will also put the above summary on HBASE-3373.

Thanks