hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin O'dell" <kevin.od...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to know it's time for a major compaction?
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 20:19:10 GMT
Otis,

I think it depends on your use case.  Some use cases are extremely
dependent on locality and latency, so they will major compact any region
the balancer has moved.  Some people follow the HFile count and will
trigger a major when there are x amount of files.  Others will just follow
best practices and do it daily.  Some do very little writes and only
compact once a week.

--
Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera